Our Learning & Development team is looking for an Instructional Designer to assist with various projects within the L&D team. If you have experience designing and developing learning materials, we want to talk to you!
As an Instructional Designer you'll work with subject matter experts to streamline and update policies and procedures, design and update e-learning and blended curriculum (i.e. ILT, web-based training, on-the-job training, small discussion groups, etc.), define learning and performance objectives, and perform occasional instructor-led training programs and Train-the-Trainer on system rollouts, if applicable.
- Develop and revise e-learning, blended and training curriculum in conjunction with facilitators/SMEs based on evaluations and changing business needs, including e-learning/virtual components.
- Create storyboards for self-directed online training, write job aids, and create lesson plans and participant materials for instructor-led training.
- Assist with training needs analyses to ensure all training materials are highly targeted to the needs of the audience.
- Review and recommend revisions and/or changes to Sun’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain documentation for various company systems, processes and procedures in the Knowledge Base.
- Monitor and support web 2.0/social communication and collaboration regarding course content (chat, discussion groups, wikis, etc.).
- Assist with evaluation of learning results and the business impact.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience creating, designing and developing learning materials
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience writing and updating policies and procedures
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience managing a learning management system
- Prior experience writing processes and/or procedures, preferred
- Basic HTML coding experience, a plus
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Strong attention to detail, customer service, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to work effectively as a collaborate team with diverse groups/audiences, including those in remote locations
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computer proficiency including the ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), email and internet
Apply at https://careers.suncommunities.com