The production manager leads Artisan’s custom e-learning development production team - made up of project managers, project administrators, writers, developers, copy editors, QA & technical testers. This role sets the vision for the team and removes obstacles to help them reach that vision. The production manager supports all projects behind the scenes and steps in as needed to solve problems, backfill a team member who’s out, and sometimes even manage a project when we’re at capacity.
The production manager also serves on the executive team, has input into company-wide decisions, and is accountable for working strategically on the business.
This is a full-time, remote position that offers a salary along with monthly technology and health stipends. For additional information and to apply, visit: https://artisanelearning.com/hiring2019-production-manager/
- Solid understanding of project management principles and practices and the ability to apply them to the needs of an e-learning development project
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with 3+ team members
- Experience in a service-oriented role, preferably in a for-profit environment
- Balanced business/technical background. Must have:
- Sufficient level of e-learning technical knowledge to be able to ensure the team is delivering an instructionally-sound, high-quality, well-built product
- Ability to evaluate project risks and scope changes and the ability to mitigate them before they threaten the profitability and overall success of the project
- Ability to collaborate with customers to develop applicable, interactive e-learning courses for their learners
- Negotiation skills to manage scope creep, scope changes, and sometimes difficult discussions with clients