ATD Detroit Announces
Facilitation Special Interest Group (SIG)
in partnership with Prism Learning
This month's meeting is held at the offices of:
Ignition Point Workshops
32780 Grand River Ave, Suite 204 A
Farmington, MI 48336
The brand new Special Interest Group (SIG) focused on Facilitation is “kicking off” on Wednesday, June 20 at 6:30 p.m. in Farmington at the offices of Prism Learning.
If you are passionate about facilitation and eager to share ideas and methods with other practicing facilitators, this group is for you.
The group will launch with about 20 members so registration is limited.
The group is being kept small, so it can operate as a Community of Practice, with each member facilitator having ample opportunity to run a meeting, practice/demonstrate tools and receive feedback, present challenges for input and ideas, etc. To expand the benefits of the group to more of our colleagues, we will organize 3 meetings per year that include a larger participant pool through ATD and ISPI Detroit chapters.
The Facilitation SIG's mission is to grow and inspire a community of practicing and aspiring facilitators through mastery of the craft, exploration of its many applications, and promotion of its benefits.
1. Practice to expand, improve and inspire our personal facilitation skills and those of others
2. Share tools, models, experiences, best practices and challenge
3. Promote awareness and appreciation for the contributions of facilitators in the field
Sound like a group you’d like to be a part of? Here is the commitment:
- Attend as many of our meetings as possible, ideally missing no more than 3 per year.
- 7-9 Community of Practice meetings (20 members) typically on the 4th Thursday - Farmington, MI
- 3 Outreach meetings per year – May coordinate with ATD/ISPI Detroit chapter meetings or create an additional event.
- Participate – design and facilitate a meeting, present a challenge or topic for discussion, or share a facilitation method or tool.
For more information contact Tracy at Prism Learning at email@example.com.