Guide the creation of a digital learning strategy. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements & evaluates virtual and blended learning solutions, including eLearning, video, and other digitally-produced learning on demand resources such as a knowledge base. Leads learning management system administration and supports technical/systems training/documentation requirements as needed. Collaborates with Organization & Employee Development, Human Resources, and internal/external subject matter experts to produce rich, meaningful, interactive learning experiences and support their evaluation/maintenance. Reports to Director, Organization & Employee Development.
- Design and create courses and learning paths, considering the user experience throughout the development process, and adjusting or refining the project as necessary. Develops learning and performance experiences and support materials utilizing a variety of technical tools (Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, Camtasia, etc.). Evaluates and maintains/updates virtual learning over time.
- Build relationships with stakeholders, subject matter experts, project managers, and training development team members. Recommends virtual learning strategy for campus staff and leader professional and career development. Collaborates with Organization & Employee Development instructional designer/s and campus partners/Subject Matter Experts to implement appropriate eLearning and development solutions to meet identified needs.
- Lead administration of learning management system; creates custom curriculum paths; promotes/tracks usage. Develops graphics, animation, audio, video, and multimedia elements for blended learning solutions; creates custom quiz/assessment interactions; creates software simulations that track users' input and responses to measure progress.
- Document job/task analysis and conducts instructor-led or blended learning as needed on a variety of topics, including systems and technical skills. Effectively manage multiples projects. Prototypes learning interactions using of a variety of tools to test the validity of learning interactions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required in Training & Development, Education, Human Resources Management or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with an emphasis in human performance technology, training, or a related training-specific area.
- Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, or other eLearning development software.
- Experience in performing job, job task, needs, and audience analyses; and the associated ability to create and administer valid surveys, analyze/evaluate data, and write survey reports.
- Experience in designing and developing eLearning content and implementing online training solutions through learning management system.
- Experience with adult learning theories.
- Higher education experience or experience in large, complex organizations preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop high quality, relevant, interactive multimedia, and eLearning training solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral) and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to determine appropriate training methodology, make sound judgment calls, and ascertain what is best for specific projects.
- Ability to consistently apply systems and controls that support compliance with quality and Section 508 accessibility standards.
- Ability to analyze systematically both current and desired levels of performance and to offer a wide range of interventions with which to improve performance and evaluate results.
- Ability to incorporate technical editing skills when creating eLearning products or task/job documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with AICC, SCORM and xAPI protocols.
- Driven by a curiosity and passion to use technology in new and better ways to achieve higher levels of learning & development.
- Exhibits a collaborative spirit, with high levels of integrity and initiative ? known for getting things done and learning agility ? aware of own strengths & limitations, unafraid to admit mistakes and seek help from others, doesn't need to be seen as the only expert on topic.
- Seeks the best for those we serve, is service minded, and puts the needs of WSU students, clients, and HR team over seeking to look good personally.
- Ability to provide creative technology solutions to learning requirements.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines and project plans effectively.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other applications to create/modify graphics, animation, audio, video, multimedia, etc.
- Comfort with facilitating instructor-led learning as needed.
- Normal office environment.
Click here to apply
- Job ID: 56399125
Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Position Title: eLearning Specialist
- Company Name: Wayne State University
- Industry: Colleges, universities, and professional schools
- Job Function: HR/OD Professional,
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 5-7 Years
- Required Travel: None