Job Title: Performance Improvement Consultant
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required: Professional Pre-Hire Assessment
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Assesses the need for and develops goal setting and evaluation systems that encourage employee effectiveness in DTE Energy. Manages the performance consulting and performance based training analysis activities for all DTE Energy organizations. Leads efforts to ensure all technical training programs meet performance based industry standards. Mentors senior management in implementing performance based training. Partners with senior management to set organizational training goals and ensures training is used strategically to optimize organizational performance. Directs activities to ensure training programs are implemented in compliance with regulatory and industry standards. Serves as the DTE Energy conscience for utilizing the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) process. Mentors management on human performance initiatives and activities related to training.
· Assists the business units in improving job performance through training and non-training solutions. Builds collaborative relationships within the organization. Identifies job performance needs, determines causes of performance gaps, recommends solutions, assists in the implementation of performance solutions and measures results of the performance solutions.
· Develops strategic training plans that align with enterprise priorities, operational goals, and organizational initiatives. Provides advice and counsel to leadership relative to performance management issues. Participates on various committees as the Training Subject Matter Expert.
· Ensures all technical training programs comply with company policies and procedures, as well as, federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
· Ensures all technical training programs are established to promote performance improvement utilizing sound performance based training objectives. Continuously analyzes and evaluates processes and programs in an effort to ensure that they remain current and to discover more effective and efficient methods to improve performance.
· Develops collaborative departmental (TTO/business unit) economic plans including budgets and cost/benefit analysis of departmental initiatives.
· Maintains a high level of knowledge in state-of-the-art performance assessment methods and procedures.
· Champions the use of all phases of the Systematic Approach to Training process. Audits TTO and clients in the overall use and develops/recommends/implements corrective actions as appropriate.
· Responsible for continuous learning with peers across TTO and client base Identifies, develops, and directs programs, initiatives or projects which create improved business process and promotes a culture of continuous learning.
· Must be able to travel throughout DTE territory as required.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Business Administration or other discipline related to the area of responsibility and at least five years of experience in training program analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation, goal setting and performance evaluation processes OR absent a Bachelor's degree, at least 8 years of experience in training program analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation, goal setting and performance evaluation.
· Master's degree
· Working knowledge of Technical Training Organization processes, and SWIs
· Must have a valid driver's license and meet Company driving standards.
· Experience in conducting performance analysis techniques with a thorough understanding of self-assessment techniques and evaluation methodologies.
· Proven ability to effectively lead change management initiatives.
· Thorough knowledge and experience with Plateau/EST/SAP.
· Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams and managing people, projects and activities, building consensus and support for programs and initiatives,
· Working knowledge of project management, budget and forecasting, economic analysis, and Company Operating System methodologies.
· Thorough knowledge of company policies, procedures, labor agreements, SWIs, and/or governmental compliance regulations.
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate discussions, make presentations and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Demonstrated ability to use computer applications, (i.e Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database managers, etc).
· Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive/confidential information.
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems/issues that arise or know where to route.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
This position is based at our downtown headquarters in Detroit, MI.
Applicants must apply at: https://careers.dteenergy.com/job/Detroit-Performance-Improvement-Consultant-MI-48201/570459300/
Contact Shauntay Galleon – Shauntay.email@example.com