"Training Certificate Program"
Your course leader:
The ATD Training Certificate content is practical and grounded in the real world, not just academic theory. This program focuses on what happens before, during, and after you deliver training, and what to do if training is not the right solution. With input from ATD’s Competency Study, we identified the competencies required by the most successful practitioners. The Training Certificate Program is aligned with the Training Delivery Area of Expertise in the ATD Competency Model.
Learner feedback indicates high value in the following areas: student engagement, expert facilitation, and applicable tools and techniques.
Why You Should Attend:
- Learn the basics of adult learning theory and instructional design methodology.
- Gain a foundation in conducting a needs assessment, developing learning objectives, and evaluating the impact of your training initiatives.
- Learn and apply effective training techniques for managing participants, engaging a variety of learning styles, and creating an effective positive learning environment, and managing classroom challenges.
- Develop engaging training solutions that are learner-centered.
What to Expect:
- Pre-Work: Complete a self-assessment and read an industry article titled, "Do's and Don'ts for the New Trainer."
- Homework: You may find it necessary to do some preparation for your skills practice outside of the classroom.
- Supplemental Resources: This program includes tools and templates to help you apply what you learned on the job.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the training cycle.
- Identify and determine the need for training—what, who, and how.
- Write effective learning objectives.
- Design participant-oriented learning materials and exercises.
- Apply adult learning concepts, develop supportive climates, and customize off-the-shelf materials.
- Use training activities and alternatives to lecture, strategize for different learning needs, and create effective questioning techniques.
- Prepare properly for a training session, and prepare participants to foster learning.
- Manage and encourage participants of all backgrounds and learning styles
- Address challenging participants and behaviors.
- Present and facilitate a training program, including use of audio visuals and handouts.
- Evaluate program impact at different levels using a variety of methods.
- Identify the five levels of evaluation
ATD Members: $1,395
To register, visit the ATD National programs webpage. At the check out, remember to enter the local chapter incentive code CH5014.
Not a member of ATD Detroit? Join the Chapter Now!
ATD Detroit RECORDED CONTENT DISCLAIMER:
Registration and attendance at ATD Detroit meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to allow ATD Detroit to use and distribute the registrant or attendee's image, voice or name in photographs, video, electronic reproductions, and audio files or podcasts of such events and activities.