ATD Detroit’s Change & Transformation Empower U Conference is ideal for managers, supervisors, leaders, and talent development professionals who are ready to learn how they are empowered to shift to an outward mindset to make the one change that most dramatically improves performance, sparks collaboration, and accelerates innovation. Learn what organizations are encountering in today’s workplaces where content changes fast and learning needs change even faster. Find out the role and importance of shifting to an outward mindset in this fast pace of change.
This is an event for anyone who desires to deepen their understanding of Arbinger’s principles and apply outward mindset tools in their life and work should attend this conference.
Attend both days for a great price or just one! Seating is limited for the workshop so register soon. Continental breakfast and lunch included with registration each day.
Pre-Conference Workshop (Day 1):
“Developing an Outward Mindset”
Tuesday, October 22nd
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
This workshop is designed to help people turn outward by (1) shifting their mindsets and (2) equipping them to helpfully adjust their behaviors in accordance with their changed mindsets. This experience can help leaders to turn organizational systems and processes outward in order to invite and reward sustained, systemic change.
In this workshop, participants learn how to implement a performance platform that enables them to operate with an outward mindset. They learn and apply four sets of tools: self-awareness tools that help them see when they might be operating with an inward mindset; mindset-change tools that they can apply to turn their mindsets outward; accountability tools that help them to operate in their roles with an outward mindset; and collaboration tools that teams can deploy together in order to operate with an outward mindset.
*Registered workshop attendees receive the participant handbook and The Outward Mindset book.
Empower U Conference (Day 2): “Change & Transformation”
Wednesday, October 23rd
8:30am - 4:00pm
- Change & Transformation Keynote Presentation
- Vendor Expo
- 4 Breakout Sessions
- Conference Summary
Change & Transformation
by Arbinger Institute
Uncovering Leadership Blind Spots:
Discovering the Pathway to Motivating Your Employees
Breakout Session by Dale Carnegie
Leadership matters. Leaders at the senior level strive to create a culture of engagement, while leaders on the front line need to motivate employees daily to drive results. Regardless of level, most leaders “think” they’re demonstrating the qualities of an effective leader, but the findings from a new study indicate otherwise.
- Review leadership trends that are impacting organizational performance
- Learn how leaders can drive employee retention and satisfaction
- Identify areas where leaders are falling short (leadership blind spots)
Don’t Train Your Managers, Transform Them
Breakout Session by Nolan McNulty, Root, Inc.
The fastest way to change your business is through your managers. But that doesn’t happen unless you stop training and start transforming them. While most organizations offer manager development programs, their effectiveness varies widely. That’s because they’re not preparing managers to be accelerants of change. At Root, we live and breathe change. And we want your managers to slay it for you. Join us to find out how we’ve helped some of the most effective organizations on the planet accelerate change through their managers.
- Understand the role and true purpose of a manager
- Connect the team to strategy
- Use leadership skills like relationship building, communication, coaching, and celebrating to ignite team performance and deliver the right business outcomes
Transform Your Relationship
Building Skills--Perception Is Reality!
Breakout Session by Larry Gelfund, Laredo Learning
This session will explore how we interact with others in a variety of situations. You are always on stage when meeting anyone. We will explore the mindset and skills that engage others in relationship building and those that create a desire for connectivity due to their perception of you. These skills support others seeing you as a thoughtful, influential servant leader placing their needs in front of your own.
- Summarize what a successful mindset is when networking and connecting with others.
- Identify three key skills from research that ensure you engage others.
- Discuss strategies that apply to several different networking situations.
- Explain a new meaning of “perception is reality” and translate it to what sets you apart making you more memorable to others.
Five Things Great Learning Departments Do
Breakout Session by Lisa Toenniges, Innovative Learning Group
Today’s learning leader needs to be an expert at strategy, change management, culture, evaluation, technology… and so much more. This job is not easy.
Join Innovative Learning Group CEO Lisa Toenniges for a closer look at five fundamental practices of great learning leaders and how you can set a course for your learning team to thrive as a valued resource to your organization.
- Define a path to create a learning strategy that fits with the organization’s culture and includes an approach to evaluation
- Identify opportunities to provide targeted learning experiences taking advantage of industry trends
- Assess the learning technology in your organization and its ability (or inability) to enable the learning strategy
- Assess the current learning team’s ability to execute the learning strategy using effective processes and standards
- Assess your current approach to market learning services and values within your organization
Please Thank our Sponsors!
Early Bird specials available until August 30, 2019.
ATD Detroit CONFIRMATION/CANCELLATION POLICY:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5:00 pm on Friday, October 18, 2019. Cancellations received prior to this time/date can be 1) refunded to the credit card less a $5 processing fee or 2) transferred to the next scheduled ATD Detroit meeting date.
ATD Detroit RECORDED CONTENT DISCLAIMER:
Registration and attendance at ATD Detroit meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to allow ATD Detroit to use and distribute the registrant or attendee's image, voice or name in photographs, video, electronic reproductions, and audio files or podcasts of such events and activities.